- To showcase promising practices so as to increase understanding of the importance of expanding access to effective MLE and strengthen the momentum for MLE in the AsiaPacific region.
- To adopt a common definition of MLE and enhance understanding of its characteristics in the Asian context;
- To support the mainstreaming of MLE by showcasing recent policy developments in the Asia-Pacific region;
- To determine the factors that enable effective, efficient and sustainable MLE by sharing challenges and lessons learned from current MLE practice;
- To identify promising practices in monitoring and evaluating MLE;
- To expand the role of the Asia-Pacific Regional MLE Network and increase synergies among actors around the region and the world to promote MLE