*** CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS ***
International Conference on Inclusive Education and Mother Tongue-Based Multilingual Education
February 18-20, 2016
Waterfront-Manila Pavilion Hotel (Manila, Philippines)
Theme: From MDG/EFA 2015 to SDG 2030
The conference provides an avenue to examine and reflect on the vision and directions for Education as articulated in the new global initiative called Sustainable Development Goals 2030, a sequel to MDG and EFA 2015. The fourth goal states “Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote life-long learning opportunities for all.”
How does the SDG 2030 – Goal 4 resonate with the existing MTBMLE theories, practices, policies and advocacies? What can we learn as we look back on various MTBMLE cases in the recent years? What are foundational practices, promising initiatives, organizational arrangements, and other gains that should be captured to inform processes in classrooms and communities? Does MTBMLE lead to a more inclusive environment and appreciation of diversity of languages and cultures? Does it facilitate better learning? What are hard lessons and challenges that we should consider and address together? What are the possibilities for synergy and solidarity among the stakeholders?
The event will feature international MTBMLE experts like Dr. Ajit Mohanty (Social Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, India) and Philippine MTBMLE leaders.
The conference would like to invite teachers, researchers, academicians, students, writers, artists, materials developers, NGOs and other interested individuals to present their work that will respond to the questions raised by the conference. The presentation can be any of the following:
- Exhibit of big and small books, orthographies, primers (L1, Transition and L2), teachers/learners guides, related instructional materials and instructional devices (a booth will be provided for each region)
- Micro-Teaching Demonstration (the conference will provide evaluators)
- A 20 minute oral presentation (a research paper, lessons and reflections, case study, workshop), any creative output or poster presentation related to any of the following topics
- Community Generated Stories for Big and Small Books
- Development of Multilingual Materials
- Contextualization and Localization of Materials and Instruction
- Teaching Science and Math thru MTBMLE
- Teaching Strategies for Literacy and Language Development
- MTBMLE Transition and Exit Models
- Indigenous and Multicultural Education
- Teacher Preparation and Support
- The Multilingual and Inclusive Classroom, School and Community
- Language Issues in Higher Education
- MTBMLE Trends and Issues in ASEAN Context and Beyond
- National and Global Languages in a Multilingual Context
- Education Stakeholders: Synergy and Solidarity
- ICT and Inclusive Education
- Policy Making at the National and Local Level
- Research Approaches and Tools
- MTBMLE and Inclusive Education in Various Settings (Early Childhood Care and Education, Special Education, Alternative Learning System, Adult Literacy Programs)
Guidelines on Submission of Presentation Proposals
1. Submissions should include basic information:
- Name and institutional affiliation
- Complete contact information (e-mail address, telephone number, and mailing address)
- Type of presentation (exhibit of materials, micro-teaching demonstration, paper, poster, creative presentation)
2. Specific content:
- Submissions for oral and poster presentations should be accompanied with an abstract (250-300 words).
- Submissions for exhibit of materials should indicate the titles of materials, language(s) used, category (stories, primers, teaching-learning guides and devices, language reference materials)
- Submissions for micro-teaching demonstration should include a broad outline of the lesson plan -- title, topic, learning area, grade level, language(s) to be used, objectives (related to content and language), activities, materials
3. Please submit presentation proposals to email@example.com
4. Dates to remember
- Deadline for submission of presentation proposals: November 15, 2015 (Philippine Time)
- Acceptance notification December 1, 2015
- Deadline of registration for presentors: January 15, 2016
- Deadline for submission of a copy of presentation materials (full paper, slide presentation, complete lesson plan) -- January 31, 2016
The venue of the conference is Waterfront-Manila Pavilion Hotel located at Maria Orosa Street (Corner United Nation Ave), Ermita, 1000, Metro Manila. http://www.waterfrontpavilionmanila.com/. It will take about 30 – 45 minute taxi ride from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.
Conference Fee - includes the conference kit, certificate, 2 meals, 5 snacks.
- Early bird registration fee P5,400 (on or before December 30, 2015)
- Regular registration fee for local Filipino participants: Php 6,000; International participants $200
- Student discount: 5% (upon presentation of current enrollment document)
For other inquiries, please contact the MTBMLE Conference Secretariat at +63-9176109057 (Leslie Gumba) or +63-9178400814 (Dr.
Lydia Liwanag) firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit http://mtbmle-events.com/ and http://mothertongue-based.blogspot.com/
Note: The conference registration fee does not include a hotel room or lodging. You may book a room at Waterfront-Manila Pavilion Hotel Ma.Orosa Street (Corner United Nation Ave), Ermita, 1000, Metro Manila http://www.waterfrontpavilionmanila.com/ or in any of the nearby hotels.
Distribution of conference kit will be on February 18, 2016 at 8:00am at the lobby of the 2nd floor, Waterfront Manila Pavilion Hotel. First session starts at 1:00pm, February 18, 2016 at Alcuaz Function Room . Program will last until 3:00 pm of February 20, 2016.
Visa Information - Most visitors to the Philippines are not required to apply for a visa. To check if you need to apply for a visa please visit http://www.dfa.gov.ph/consular-services/visa-information
This conference is organized by 170+Talaytayan MLE and its partners
Conference Schedule and DepEd/CHED advisory will be posted soon
For inquiries, email email@example.com